Production Management Software
Production management is the most important activity in a manufacturing company from creating production plan, defining material request, balancing production, controlling product quality and productivity statistic.
Well-controlled production process will help optimizing the necessary resources in production in order to decrease product cost and increase capacity.
Applying system of managing production will help the enterprise gaining initiative, controlling well their production activity, increasing production efficiency, competitive advantage and thereby enhancing the position in the market.
Overview of Production Management Software
Suport to Production operation, declare and manage BOM, calculate material needs, update and monitor production progress, counting quantity of products by production plan/ production order; operating the process of checking/ evaluating product quality; monitoring used materials, etc. helping the Board of Directors controlling risks and increasing the work
Planning Dept., Production Dept., QA-QC Dept., Inventory Dept., Purchasing Dept., Material Dept., Sales Dept., Board of Directors
Linking and inheriting data from the “Warehouse Management”, “Purchase”, “Quality Control” modules to evaluate and ensure the quality of materials and goods in the warehouses/factory, link “Sales” modules and “Accounting” to serve product costing and sales operation.
Declaring B.O.M and production steps:
- Declaring B.O.M for each step, product or order; Possibly declaring B.O.M with many levels and declaring replacing materials in B.O.M
- Supporting declaring quickly by the function of copying the norms from another product or importing the norms from Ms. Excel file
- Managing B.O.M by applied period
Managing production plan and production order:
- Update production plan by period (day/week/month) and update detailed work order by order/stage/product/workshop
- Creating production plan basing on requirements; Allowing to adjust (adding/ reducing) the production plan after creating and generating changes.
- Monitor production plan/Production order. Warning when creating production plan beyond production capacity of the factory or lacking materials or any other production resources.
- Monitoring situation of performing production plan and production order; Warning when lacking or exceeding or delaying progress of production plan and production order basing on data of production statistics.
Defining material requirement:
- Basing on the registered B.O.M, data of inventory quantity and estimated in-stock quantity from Purchasing Department, users balance and calculate material requirements to satisfy production plan and production order or stipulated inventory limit.
- Basing on time of ordering materials (from ordering to receiving materials), loss quantity by production plan norm or average loss quantity, the software supports calculating estimated time of ordering so as to assure the materials for producing with the shortest stocking time.
Monitoring rate of progress and statistics of production:
- Creating note of receiving materials basing on production plan and production order
- Statistics of quantity by working shift, operating group, machine, etc, …
- Porductivity statistic
- Controlling progress of performing and finishing approved production plan and production order
Controlling material loss:
- Controlling the delivery of materials by production order; Comparing with the registered B.O.M to control and warn the exceeding
- Supporting calculating and balancing production materials by production order or outsourcing order
Factory inventory management: Manage inventory in detail by factory
Supporting data for product costing: Inhering data of B.O.M, transactions of receiving/ delivering, data of loss by production step helps the function of product costing module being operated quickly and exactly.
- Reports on material demand.
- Statistical report of production output according to many criteria.